Monday, September 28, 2015

So much to say but I'll keep the first post short!



We are adopting!!! Yes- us!!!! First of all, I need to rewind a little. When myself and Paul met, I immediately fell in love with his children (K and E). I felt an instant connection with them, as if I carried them in my own body. This may seem weird to many, but it's true. 

I have always known I would be a mom- whether biologically, adoptive or step. Well, step it was.... until..... we decided to take the plunge into the adoption world, because frankly, we have TONS more love to give! Adoption is always something I have carried in my heart... along with the baby that will join our family. 

Rewind again a few years... When myself and Paul started talking about getting married, we also talked about expanding our family. We have infertility and so we always kind of tossed the idea of adoption around. We requested adoption information from agencies, but other things always came up and we were always distracted and busy. A few months ago, we decided adoption was our priority going forward and so we started really delving deep into the wide world of adoption and found an amazing consultant. While we are just getting to know her, we can already feel her love and support for us on this path. She will be our "right hand woman" on this journey. She has been through this with her own child and is actually on her second adoption, so we have full trust in her. God is leading us on this path and putting us in touch with the right people- we just know it. 

We met with our social worker last week, who will be writing a home study report and basically recommending us to be adoptive parents. Prayers and good thoughts are appreciated! 





The Lindbergs are ready to make this a 5 piece!  









No comments:

Post a Comment